Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I've been searching and I was unable to find any specific information to give me any clear answer to my doubts...

So, there go the question.

I'm going to buy soon Rocket Motorsports camshaft and a kit with - HD Single Springs 45lbs on seat, Spring Seats, Polyacrylic (IN) and Viton Hi-Temp (EX) valve seals andModified Denso U-Groove Spark Plugs.

The camshaft specs he said to me are:

224/224 duration @0.050 with 11mm lift

Will be a lot of difference between these and OEM cams?? I'll buy adj. cam gears, take off 1mm from the head, port the OEM IM and I have an Apexi SAFC to tune the car. Maybe i'll buy exhaust manifold too.

Thanks! :)

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
If you up your compression a little then those cams would really like it.

Read up on how to read cam specs and what those numbers mean, Rocket Motorsports should be able to provide you with numbers like I listed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
You're raising the compression and changing the cams, the adjustment you need is beyond what the SAFC can do.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I don't think the SAFC can tune by engine load, which a proper peice of tuning sofware would be able to do. It works apart from your ECU (tricks it) instead of working with it (teaching it what it's looking at). It also doesn't have the capacity to alter your ignition tables (IIRC) ... again something a proper tune will be able to accomplish. Your SAFC might "work" but to really get the full benefit from any modification your ECU needs to be tuned to accomodate the change.

Will it work ... yes.
Will you like it ... maybe.
Could you do better ... absolutely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks a lot to all! So the best option it's conversion to OBDI and Hondata s100 for example??? It's expensive and/or complicated to convert to OBDI??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But Hondata say in their website that the car must be OBDI. What options I have if i want to keep OBD0??

Thanks!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Chip it yourself and tune it yourself with TurboEdit. Or find an electronics geek in your country and have him chip the ECU and solder in a 4 pin header for the datalogging.

There is no reason to convert to OBD1. It is silly expensive and for the money you would pay just to convert, you can buy everything you will need to tune the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thanks! I'm going to buy all stuff from Xenocron and tune with TurboEdit! With a PM6 chipped. I want to keep my PM7 OEM.

Thanks a lot to all :)

·
Registered
91 ED7
110 Posts
When you have the head off, port the head as well.
Just some mild cleaning of the ports.

OBD0 will be good enough for this build. Learn how to tune. Basemaps are never true.

I would go bigger on cams though....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts