Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Honda lovers. I am new to this site, and have a question about my 1996 EX I am planning on building the snot out of. Found these tires and rims on Cl, probably from a Miata, and was wondering if anyone know for sure if they will bolt on with no mods? Thanks in advance!

Enkei RPF1 4x100 bolt pattern
16"x8" +38 offset
Falken Azenis 215/45/16 tires

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Drive to the sellers house unbolt 1 wheel from your "snot" built civic.
Grab a wheel he/she has for sale and see if it works. ( if they want to sale the wheel they will let you)

Or go to any wheel and tire shop and ask them to use the wheel gauge to make sure the offset will fit without issue. No need to bump a thread that common sense would answer for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot drive it until spring. It has never seen snow. I will be upgrading the suspension as well, but for now I would like to get these if they fit, so I know what I have to work with. Just wondering if anyone is using this rim, tire combo on a ek?, and/or what I would have to do to make them fit. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Maybe this will help.
But knowing your suspension setup will be a key as to if they will fit as well.
They might fit now but if you slam it they wont.
Also the size of the body of the strut you chose will need to be considered.
If nothing else buy a wheel fitment gauge and set it to the dimensions you are looking at and check it.

https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/enkei-rpf1-wheels.html

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
On a non-mcpherson suspension, the shock body shouldn't matter as the steering knuckle will be the closest suspension component to the wheel/tire in the front and the RTA in the back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's too iffy, so I won't even try it. I found a clean set of kosei k1 ts 15x7's, and picked up a set of koni yellow/gc's for an x-mas gift to myself. This stuff should fit without guessing, rolling, stretching, shimming, rubbling, bla,bla,bla. I can bet someone out there knows how they fit. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Custom wheels, rim tire packages

This is what I use when I am too lazy to get a tape measure out and compare it against a wheel I know fits well.

You can set rim width and offset.

I suggest you find specs on the wheels you currently have, and figure out how much space you have left over.

These RPF-1's will likely be a pretty tight on the inside.

Keep in mind, if you decide to use spacers, grab a set of longer wheel studs, OR roll the fenders and use threaded 3/4 inch or 1inch spacers, and cut down your current wheel studs a bit.

Either way, when you use a washer style wheel spacer, you will remove a LOT of clamping force. This is why I recommend threaded spacers, as with a correct hub center bore, they are just as strong as a wheel directly on the hub, you simply add a lot more potential stress to the wheel bearing and suspension bushings, since you are "levering" the wheel out more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.