Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one has staggered rims on thier car? well my rims 17x7 but i was offer a deal on a set rims for a reasonable price. but the question is will they fit? these are the sizes 18x7, 18x8.5 and 18x9.5? i think the 9.5 are a little too big. if anyone has some tell me some pro and cons.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimmyb34 said:
dont think staggered rims are ideal for a ff car man, i wouldnt go any bigger than 18x7
17x7.5 fits with no rubbing
thanks

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
What are you calling "staggered"?

Normally, stagger is the diference in OD of the tires from the left to right on the same axle.

With the wider wheels, make sure you get the correct backspacing. I'm sur someone on the board would know the correct amount for propor fitment.

Good luck. Post some pick if you get the wheels.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
staggered means like 17x7 up front and like 17x10 in back
goof for rwd, bad for fwd
I see. I used to work the pits for an IMCA Modified car. That was the only application of "stagger" that I'd herd used. :oops: You know, bigger tires on the right side to help the car turn left.

There's a Ford Probe in town w/ big meats on the back & skinnies up front. I can't help but laugh every time I see it. :lol:

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
dont think staggered rims are ideal for a ff car man, i wouldnt go any bigger than 18x7
In some cases staggered wheels are used of FF cars but that's where the fronts are wider than the backs. This is normally used in track applications to increase the contact patch under hard cornering, helping w/ understeer, and allowing better grip. In this case though, I don't think it would be good. Besides, 18's on a Civic seems a bit overkill unless your all show or really want to ruin your already low torque. Just my .02

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boostdeliquent said:
In some cases staggered wheels are used of FF cars but that's where the fronts are wider than the backs. This is normally used in track applications to increase the contact patch under hard cornering, helping w/ understeer, and allowing better grip. In this case though, I don't think it would be good. Besides, 18's on a Civic seems a bit overkill unless your all show or really want to ruin your already low torque. Just my .02
i'm really looking in width. since these rime state they're staggered thats were the question came from. but i want a wider stance in rim. so i'm wonder is how wide are some people rims. i'm thinking in 17x8 or 17x8.5 the rims i have are 17x7 i want a fatter lip...lol

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimmyb34 said:
thank for the info... i spoke with the guy that ways trying to sell me them to me. he was pissed.. oh well. i beez learn somzing aganig.. :done:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jimmyb34 said:
anything bigger than 7.5 width will rub i believe, i rubbed everyonce in a while with 17x7.5
i had them on a 99 ex coupe, i thought they looked just right
cool to know...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts