Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do u guys think the average weight of a 17" inch tuner rim is??? cuz the ones I realllllly want weigh l;ike 21-23 lbs.... I just want to seee if that is about right....thanks

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I would have to say they weigh around 35 pounds with tire... pretty heavy, but depends on the rim to, mine are 6 spoke satin finished enki's, I'm sure chrome would be more

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet but I just meant without tires, just the rims alone..... they arent chrome but machined silver.... either way i think they will be nice for the civic....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool, so 23 lbs isnt too bad then.... I mean I do have a lot fo weigh reductions to make up for it... no back seat, no jack/spare, cf hood, cf trunk 15lbs racing seats.... :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
my 17 velox vx8s were around 22-23 lbs i think without tires, heavy ass wheels lol
there are some lightweight ones, motegi's trak lite series weigh like 16 lbs i think in size 17
ya i ahve the velox too... they are sooooopper heavy

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the two main reasons im staying with 17's are because they look nice on the style of the civic and handling is so much better with 17's than 15's, but I do admit I wouldnt mind having 15's for the comfort when driving and lighter wheels and less rotating mass, but if I had 15's I would get ripped on all day....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts