Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! Lowered my ef sedan, out my wheels on and the right front wheel sticks way out past the fender. The left side tucks in the fender.
recent work done to car,
Friend gave me his big brakes off his ef hatch I put knuckles and hubs on my sedan.
new motor and trans.
new adjustable upper control arms.
new coilovers.
new lower control arms.
new outter tie rods.
New axles
15x8 wheels 195/45 tires
I adjusted the camber all the way in to see if it would make a difference and nothing’s changed. Axles are in all the way. I’ve taken the suspension apart and put back together to many times trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.
902E58DB-B38D-455A-A4EF-0E1C0CEFF77C.jpeg
1E8F7366-2CAB-474D-B42C-EBD0205C46E3.jpeg
D028580B-73A9-4F89-B46C-F84025DEE119.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frontend tweaked?

wheels are different width or offset?
I’ve swapped wheels around to see if that was the issue and same result.
I’m not sure how to tell if it’s really tweaked. i didn’t pay attention when it was stock ride height and stock wheels.

·
Registered
98 Civic Si
12 Posts
I noticed the same thing with my civic, the passenger side pokes out more than the drivers side. I changed axles, etc, pretty much the entire front end and then put it on new suspension, lowered and had it aligned at a shop and it still does the same thing. Shop guys said nothing about it, and I don't notice anything weird while driving, doesn't pull or anything. So I just ignore it now unless a problem arises from it. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed the same thing with my civic, the passenger side pokes out more than the drivers side. I changed axles, etc, pretty much the entire front end and then put it on new suspension, lowered and had it aligned at a shop and it still does the same thing. Shop guys said nothing about it, and I don't notice anything weird while driving, doesn't pull or anything. So I just ignore it now unless a problem arises from it. 🤷‍♀️
That’s exactly where I’m at. Almost every piece of front suspension has been changed and it still pokes out. I’m gonna throw stock wheels on and see if it’s driveable. And if it is then stock wheels it stays and I’m gonna leave it alone haha. The 15x8 poke out to hard on the passenger side to be driveable.

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
213 Posts
Are you sure the car itself is straight?
This. Our rally hatch has been in the ditch on the right side pretty hard on both the front and back ends. This has shifted the front to the driver's side about an inch and the rear subframe to the same direction about 3/4". Think U-shaped car. The car drives straight, but the right side tires poke out lots more than the left. A tape measure will be your friend here. Let us know what you find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts