Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those running good 60ft's at the track:

What type of rev limiter are you using and about how high?

I find when i try to ride the limiter to get my MPH up in the 60's the car falls on its face.

Im using just ignition cut

Launching at 15psi off anti-lag at 6500rpm with limiter set to 8200. tire pressure around 9-10psi on 23x8x13 M&H's. best 60ft is 1.80

maybe lower the limiter, or raise the launching rpm?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Whats your suspension setup in the rear? This can affect your 60 as well. My last outing at the track i was pulling low 1.80s too but I was running open diff no traction bar and shiitty rear suspension. But I did let 1st gear ride out a bit but not to the point of where i felt power loss.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that you're lowering your et's in an effort to raise your 60ft. You're not making power on the rev limiter. Maybe I'm not seeing something.
wheel spin is a bitch, and bogging into 2nd is no fun at all!

do you have a dyno chart? im curious to see what it looks like and where the powerban ends
hopefully on the 18th. but by then it will be 20-30 psi, and a whole different animal!!

i have a feeling with the turbo setup i am running it will be RPM/piston speed that limits my power. at least i hope so. im not ballsy enough to run it up to 9000rpm like some others!!!:bigok:

Whats your suspension setup in the rear? This can affect your 60 as well. My last outing at the track i was pulling low 1.80s too but I was running open diff no traction bar and shiitty rear suspension. But I did let 1st gear ride out a bit but not to the point of where i felt power loss.

H&R Sport w/ KYB AGX with MFactory LSD

it seems to spin 1st on the M&H's, maybe i will try 8psi in the tires.

once it hits the limiter it just stops pulling, not like in lots of videos ive seen where the wheels keep spinning tapping off the limiter (for example, greg's stock D15B)

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
fuck that!! i didnt buy slicks/LSD/traction bar to pussy foot my car!!! :D :D
Do the four wheels drive conversion/4 slicks/ wheely bars instead. It will allow you to start like a retard every time you go on strip. It's not a shame to be gentle a bit with gaz pedal on the first gear. :p

There is some threads we vr takbout since week ago about traction and 60ft.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
sounds like you need a better burnout. i always try to get in 2nd asap. usually cut 1.75-1.80 but im on 24.5s. i should be getting high 1.6 low 1.7 since i have an lsd but i suck. hopefully when i get ectune and the boost builder i will get some better 60s.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Do you guys realize where the 60ft mark is? If so you would want to hit second right at that point. If you do it sooner the time it takes to shift into second will affect your 60. Just my .2. Thats why I hold first until im at that point.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
what times are you running?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Do you guys realize where the 60ft mark is? If so you would want to hit second right at that point. If you do it sooner the time it takes to shift into second will affect your 60.
take your "want" in one hand and shit in the other. see which one gets heavy first.

you may "want" to hold first till you get to the 60ft mark, but your not always going to be able to. restricting yourself to that mark as your shift point is dumb.

if your riding 1st cause you need to hold out longer so you will be in the band when you shift, thats different. but if your doing it just cause your obsessed with the 60ft time, your doing it wrong. last i checked the track doesnt end at the 60ft mark ;). but thats just my $.02, want change?

·
Registered
512 Posts
take your "want" in one hand and shit in the other. see which one gets heavy first.

you may "want" to hold first till you get to the 60ft mark, but your not always going to be able to. restricting yourself to that mark as your shift point is dumb.

if your riding 1st cause you need to hold out longer so you will be in the band when you shift, thats different. but if your doing it just cause your obsessed with the 60ft time, your doing it wrong. last i checked the track doesnt end at the 60ft mark ;). but thats just my $.02, want change?
Hey I never said I was obsessed with getting a good sixty. I just said what works for me. I also said that by doing it this way I DONT FALL OUT OF MY POWER BAND. Oh and I hit the brakes at the 60 too and wait for someone to hand me my slip. So thats a 5 dollar bill I just gave you so you need to give me my 4.98 cents back. Anyway Dan try different things out at the track until you find what works for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
To those running good 60ft's at the track:

What type of rev limiter are you using and about how high?

I find when i try to ride the limiter to get my MPH up in the 60's the car falls on its face.

Im using just ignition cut

Launching at 15psi off anti-lag at 6500rpm with limiter set to 8200. tire pressure around 9-10psi on 23x8x13 M&H's. best 60ft is 1.80

maybe lower the limiter, or raise the launching rpm?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure your rpm resume point is set close to your cut point. AKA 8000rpm cut, 7900-7950rpm resume.

Forget the anti-lag, you don't need it. Try 7000rpm, no anti-lag. Tire pressure needs to drop. 7-8psi hot is a common pressure that works well for most.

You'll find the throttle position that works well for you with practice.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Make sure your rpm resume point is set close to your cut point. AKA 8000rpm cut, 7900-7950rpm resume.

Forget the anti-lag, you don't need it. Try 7000rpm, no anti-lag. Tire pressure needs to drop. 7-8psi hot is a common pressure that works well for most.

You'll find the throttle position that works well for you with practice.
lower pressure will give you traction, but too low pressure will kill your acceleretaion after that. Even with slicks, it's like running two flat tires.

Align your slick behind the two rubber strip made by other ones before you t the light, they are warm and they stick better than the colder pavement. It would improve your 60ft times a bit, then improve the final elapsed time.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts