Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D16z6 turbo 300hp hondata v3 I installed my new wideband aem and I'm getting rich idle 11.5 and rich cruising 12.5 afr wot is good 11.5 car is professionally tuned. Po6 ecu converted by phearable also using d10eld for white wire with resistors removed from ecu r136-r138 I emailed my tunner and he said not to worry but clearly it's not right how can I go about fixing this any insight or help would be great

Attachments

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Have your tuner fix it. He is your tuner. He controls your tune.

If he says to leave it, maybe he knows more about it than you do, and you should listen to him?

Lol, dont enable closed loop unless he told you to. You are about to fuck everything up.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
Have your tuner fix it. He is your tuner. He controls your tune.

If he says to leave it, maybe he knows more about it than you do, and you should listen to him?

Lol, dont enable closed loop unless he told you to. You are about to fuck everything up.
are you ignoring his advice? or you didn't read that part op?

why not call the guy who dialed it in? let the expert do what you paid him to do. if not, Id like a live stream of you blowing the engine up

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
D16z6 turbo 300hp hondata v3 I installed my new wideband aem and I'm getting rich idle 11.5 and rich cruising 12.5 afr wot is good 11.5 car is professionally tuned. Po6 ecu converted by phearable also using d10eld for white wire with resistors removed from ecu r136-r138 I emailed my tunner and he said not to worry but clearly it's not right how can I go about fixing this any insight or help would be great
Are you a tuner? Do you trust him? If so, leave it the fuck alone.

12.5 cruising AFR is JUST FINE on a turbo build. its keeping the combustion chamber and intake valves nice and cool for more reliability.

Tuners have a thing called insight. as in, if they THINK even for a second you are going to be pounding on it a lot, they will make the tune to be more factory like. AKA more allowing of abuse without blowing up.

BTW 12.5 AFR is leaner than the factory cruising AFR on most factory hondas. Think about that for a second. My 2013 Fit gurgled along the highway floating around 11.8-12.2 AFR, as checked by a calibrated wideband. I still got 40mpg with that car, and it was EPA rated to only 33mpg

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Are you a tuner? Do you trust him? If so, leave it the fuck alone.

12.5 cruising AFR is JUST FINE on a turbo build. its keeping the combustion chamber and intake valves nice and cool for more reliability.

Tuners have a thing called insight. as in, if they THINK even for a second you are going to be pounding on it a lot, they will make the tune to be more factory like. AKA more allowing of abuse without blowing up.

BTW 12.5 AFR is leaner than the factory cruising AFR on most factory hondas. Think about that for a second. My 2013 Fit gurgled along the highway floating around 11.8-12.2 AFR, as checked by a calibrated wideband. I still got 40mpg with that car, and it was EPA rated to only 33mpg
12.5 ?? So whats up with all these stories I read people trying to lean their cars out to 16:1 on the freeway? Its not considered unsafe at that light of load necassarily?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
12.5 ?? So whats up with all these stories I read people trying to lean their cars out to 16:1 on the freeway? Its not considered unsafe at that light of load necassarily?
2x

OEM stock idle idle is 14.7:1
cruising is normally 14 to 15 AFR

I dont know why it would need to be that rich at idle or cruising.

TO the OP
I would talk to the tune and see what up. Its simply a waste of gas running that rich at very little to no load.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sometimes I don't know why I bother why do u people hafts give there shitty remarks it was a simple question everything I've read which is a lot simply says safe good afr at idle is 14.7 so when mine reads 10.6 -11.5 it doesn't sound right so I asked for some insight not ur shitty 2cents yes I did talk to my tunner and I wanted a second opinion thinking everyone is here to help one another not to bash one another that's my 2cents

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Your tuner sounds lazy.

MAP trace to verify which cells you're hitting at idle and subtract fuel from those cells by 2-3% at a time until you get close to 14.7. At least that's how I'd do it with turboedit..

I'm guessing the rest of your fuel map is probably less than ideal if he tuned the idle so rich..

Post a 2d graph of the fuel map?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts