Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is jumping in idle at very random times, however it displays no check engine light. At times it jumps so drastically that the engine nearly shuts off. So far I have changed and cleaned the idle air control valves as well as changed out the EGR valve.
I am running out of ideas, could it possibly be a...
vaccum leak?
throtle body gasket leak?
intake manifold leak?
throtle position sensor?
Any suggestions would really help me out.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
^That. After that I'd start looking into TPS sensor and vacuum leak (Doubt it's going to be that jumpy with a vacuum leak).

Have you removed any ground wires/wiring plugs anything like that recently? possibly a loose connection?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tightened down all grounds and checked for leaks and i even replaced all my vac lines when i did my build i suspected my tps but i don't know i have another throttle body that i am going to throw on it and ill see if its that. thanks guys any other ideas help to keep them coming

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Also check to make sure your Idle screw (Flathead screw in the top of your throttle body) is tight. Mine has wiggled it's way loose a couple times to do this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so it turned out that my FITV was the problem it was all gummed up but now its running a lot better. thanks guys for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts