Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got one of these front kits in the mail. It's the skunk2 style. Looks nice.

First thing I noticed, the ball joint has very little grease in it. I'd recommend greasing it up before installing.

Second thing, the ball joint is machined into the adjustable plate. I figgured it would be a plate with a press in ball joint. They are one piece.

So what do I do when I need a new ball joint?

I'll report with pics durning/after install, and more comments on it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
get it on and let us know how they are....im gonna be needing a camber kit after i order my gc coilovers

·
Registered
270 Posts
i tried installing these on my EF and they .. well lets say i put the oem ones back on and amp ordering the cheap ingales style kit now.

they made my car have really bad toe and i had to modify the inner fender wells and the kit them self to make them fit and able to get the car to sit as low as it did with the oem stuff.

chris

·
Registered
349 Posts
i tried installing these on my EF and they .. well lets say i put the oem ones back on and amp ordering the cheap ingales style kit now.

they made my car have really bad toe and i had to modify the inner fender wells and the kit them self to make them fit and able to get the car to sit as low as it did with the oem stuff.

chris
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RHIN...009QQitemZ190134077421QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW yeh they tell you that you have to modify the arm in order for them to work . they are adjustable arent they?

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I installed them finally. They went on great, fit great, work great, adjust great. Might be a little easier to adjust them if you cut a hole under the hood to gain better access, but access is fine otherwise. Maybe once I get new susp. I'll play around with them a little more.

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
I believe the skunk2s balljoints are solid to the adjusting plate too aren't they?? I know when i replaced one of my balljoints, i just ordered a new plate and ball joint, it wasn't too expensive, i just had to search for awhile to find it, maybe i could have just gotten the balljoint itself.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i finally ordered the rhino front camber kit for my crx , put them on yesterday ,went out for a test drive , it handled like shit..and the tires were both pointing outwards. after the test drive it felt like my front tires drove thru a cheese grater i swapped the oem back on .. anyone else have this camber kit.. will just an alignment fix my problems it decide to put the rhino's back on ? b/c i want to keep them

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just replaced the shitty ass ball joints with skunk 2 units. I noticed the back of the upper control arm, where the bushings are and the attachment to the chassis, has rubbed through the chassis. Anyone installing these may want to remove some metal from the rear/inner pivot point.

I've been messing around with the camber since I got the raceland struts on, adjustment still works fine.

This is on an EG.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Kyle, from friends experience those ball joints boots go bad rather quickly so keep an eye on them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts