Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i rev my car to like 6-7000rpm in neutral I get puffs of blue/black smoke, does anyone elses do that?!
Thanks

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Thats probably oil coming in from your piston rings or valves...hopefully its not coolant coming in from your head-gasket.

Are you burning oil?
Have you done a compression test?

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
why rev that high in neutral your not going anywhere your not doing shit!!!! theres no point at all

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
why rev that high in neutral your not going anywhere your not doing shit!!!! theres no point at all
:werd: no shit, why the hell are you revving it like that, it serves no purpose whatsoever. sure there is going to be some blackish/blue shit coming out. only worry if it is blue or white.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
who cares if he is revving the car in nuetral? i do sometimes, wether it be to check for burning oil, or to make sure the engine sounds good (revving the motor with the hood up listening)...for whatever reason he did it in neutral, who cares...

BTW:
blue smoke = burning of oil (possibly piston rings going bad, do compression test)
black smoke = burning of the carbon (possibly running to rich and only burns the extra carbon of the piston tops at high of RPM, check spark plugs and o2 sensor)
white smoke = burning of coolant (possibly a bad headgasket, do compression test and if head gasket old, may want to consider changing it out anyways)

hope this helps...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
custom_junky said:
who cares if he is revving the car in nuetral? i do sometimes, wether it be to check for burning oil, or to make sure the engine sounds good (revving the motor with the hood up listening)...for whatever reason he did it in neutral, who cares...
you rev to redline in neutral? he said between 6000-7000

·
Registered
97 Civic CX Hatch
836 Posts
sorta reminds me of my old mini...it would rev and rev and make tons of noise...but it went like 0-60 in 5 minutes...there's a whole 40hp for ya! Would hug curves like nothing, though...

Anyway! The engine will run a little differently depending on whether it has a load or not... for instance, revving in neutral, I don't make any boost...just not enough exhaust gas...which makes it run rich... If you want to know what your car is really doing, drive it around...

·
Registered
915 Posts
^^^ what he said...of course its gunna blow some kinda color smoke when reving it that high in neutral...theres no load or pressure bein applied to the rings. more pressure inside the crankcase then inside the cylinders and you get... :pikachu: blowby...which would be blue smoke...i wouldnt worry to much about a lil bit of black. blue and white is what you should worry about

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
ryan89crx said:
you rev to redline in neutral? he said between 6000-7000
*shrugs*i don't look at the tach when i do it, i generally have my head under the hood listening, but again like i said, who cares? it's not hurting you...if you would like to give advice about it, that's fine but damn don't be mean about it...lets be a happy family again, i kinda miss it...

BTW: i don't believe i rev that high, no reason to rev up that high to listen anyways...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was revving it in neutral as I have a problem with black smoke at high rpm and black soot all over the back car, I wondered if I would be able to see it whilst stopped - ie in neutral.

I dont go around the place revving the car to 6000rpm in neutral every time I stop at the lights!

Anyway I still dont know why I am overfuelling, now I have no CEL as the proper manual ECU is in there, and my fuel pressure is would down to 30psi (higher fuel pressure=more black smoke), I have no idea whats going on with my engine.....also I ran all over the place yesterday and it never had any black smoke - only difference was I used 97 RON "shell optimax" fuel and a shot of Redex injector cleaner in with it....when I filled today I went 15 miles and the back of the car was covered in crap (using 95 RON JET fuel), guess the 97 burns better/cleaner, knocked fuel pressure back another 1psi to see if it is any better with the 95.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
good to hear that the black suit is gone...but for the most part revving up that high on an older engine will produce black smoke/suit looking stuff...this is due to a carbon build up, however if you do this to often then it will eventually harm your motor...if i where you i would watch the gas mileage and see where it stands...it should be above 30 MPG with decent driving (not racing the car everywhere)...

I

·
0 Posts
any dude that would sit on this forum and say they never rapped their shit out to 7k at a piece of fine ass on the other side of the road is a damn liar...I don't know about you non-pussy getting fools..but I actually enjoy getting laid...

shit...if she has an inn table ass I might just bouce it on the redline for a while so she can have a beat to drop it to... :holla:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
ImportDezigns said:
any dude that would sit on this forum and say they never rapped their shit out to 7k at a piece of fine ass on the other side of the road is a damn liar...I don't know about you non-pussy getting fools..but I actually enjoy getting laid...

shit...if she has an inn table ass I might just bouce it on the redline for a while so she can have a beat to drop it to... :holla:

*Not me...and your right I get no action from the ladies... :slap:

J

·
0 Posts
ImportDezigns said:

You're not serious are you?

That's extremely lame if that's what it takes for you to get some action

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
ImportDezigns said:

i still dont hit 7k cuz 2 step is god

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.