Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with a good start from mightyjoe and keto, i've got my car fairly dialed in with Crome. I switched injectors to some 320's so i had to tinker with it some, and I noticed my high-cam timing is still the same as a stock p28 on a p30. I made some passes at the track the other day and noticed my AFR's are about 12.8 to 12.5 at WOT in high cam, so I leaned it out some, but I'm wondering if I should throw some more timing in the high-cam, WOT columns

For those not familiar with my setup, here it is:
A6 block, Z6 head, ~10.1:1 CR, Crower stg 2 Cam, Edlebrock IM, AEM CAI, RC Eng. 320 cc, tuning with Crome.

Heres my tune i'm running now since the adjustments on fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
i gotta get on a different computer(no crome on this one). I will def take i look and report back. Glad to see your still making forward progress unlike me. hahaha

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
post screenshots of your fuel and spark maps

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
your low cam fuel has less fuel than a stock p28? I would add as a start, 1-1.25* more to the last 3 columns --- 8,9,B10. See how your afr's look, if its still on the rich side add another .25-.50* more.

Im running 33* wot with the B7...and it runs like a raped ape! No detonation or hesitation or over-heating.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
33* is a lot of timing, but IIRC won't d15's take a little more timing that a d16? Still, i have room to improve. The track was closed so I got no tuning time.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Changing timing without a measurement tool is dicey at best. There is generally a timing setting where the motor is most *happy* - adding timing past this point won't create much additional power, but will increase the risk of detonation. Generally you find this point and back it off a hair for a street car.

Alternatively, you could make pulls and check the plugs... this is a lot more complicated, and even easier to do on the dyno anyway.

If you are happy with how it runs, I'd call it a day until I could get on the dyno.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
with my y5 block, p08 head, p29's and crower stg. 3 I'm at 28* from 5000 rpm to redline for my high cam map. I'm scared to push it anymore. Use a detcan so at least, you can back off the throttle if you hear det. Instead of using the safety headphones, I switched over to a stethoscope attached to the hose coming off the block. The steth blocks out any other sound and goes toboth ears. It kinda hurts your ears tho with prolong use. G/L!

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got a detcan hooked up just trying to find some mech. stethaschope...I've got a medical one from my stint in nursing school but I don't wanna tear it up, lol. I plan on doing the adding timing until it pings then back it off, but for now I just added 1* on the last 3 columns like Joe suggested, just haven't put the chip in yet.

Unfortunately, there's no close dyno, save one about 2.5 hours but i'd have to tune it myself and i just don't have the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts