Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a skunk2 short throw shifter in my 96 EX and I love it!!!! I used stock bushings and they are alright, but compared to stock the throw is quite abit shorter while the actual height is about 1 inch shorther then the stock shifter. Install was easy, not as easy as I thought, but I could do another one in about an hour I believe now.

Big thumbs up from me on this shifter. I'll contiue to put Skunk2 products on my car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got one as well... its okay, it does what it is suppose to... i also got the Skunk2 magnessium shift knob... bling bling....

I got it like two years ago, no problems, and i got a good package deal with polyurethane bushings and everything...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I've had my skunk2 short shifter for about 8 months now and i love it. I didn't notice it sitting lower, i always thought it was pretty much the same height as stock.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i got it too, it does sit the same stock height as my stock shifter.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i used ot have one and then sold it to someoen for an ungodly amount of money because they were dumb. Now i have an ebay special shifter and it is shorter then the other one. Somehow i got lucky and i like it a lot better than the skunk 2

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
yeah i got one too, i'm kinda disapointed with it, yeah it throws a a little quicker, but it still sits high like the stock one. i'm thinkin bout selling it:neutral:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine sits lower then stock??? Not a whole lot, I can tell just by looking at where the boot sits comapred to stock. do I wish it was lower, yes...but i'm happy with it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
NickW said:
Mine sits lower then stock??? Not a whole lot, I can tell just by looking at where the boot sits comapred to stock. do I wish it was lower, yes...but i'm happy with it.
The Skunk 2 is very nice, i am very pleased with mine.Its a little heavier and sturdy.I got new bushings also and everything works well. The throw is definetely shorter. The fact of it being shorter while in the car has nothing to do with the throw so i think its fine.

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
yeah, its a quicker throw, but it's not only that it's the feel of it to me, anyway i cut mine so it's lower and i LOVE it now...........i'm just silly like that nah mean?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the dual bend one, and i love it... it feels alot more smoother than the POS $14 ebay ones, my friends have...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about the skunk2 shifter this morning and I was thinking that if the shifter sat a lot lower than stock then wouldn't it take more time for your hand to reach the shifter from it's proper position on the steering wheel? sure it throws faster but if it sat real low then the benifit would be countered by the fact that it took longer for you to reach the shifter... I'm happy to know it doesn't sit real low.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but when yer racing (say 1/4 mile) ya dont take yer hand off the shifter a whole lot as you tend to go through the gears real quick, if ya know what I mean. Not got any money for these sort of upgrades at the moment tho :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts