Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I contacted Bob at RCautoworks about their advertised pre-built block. He told me the price, everything that was included with it (Rods, Vitara pistons, oil pump, etc.). I agreed, sent the money, and we were off!

Their shop sourced a Z6 block for me and sent it to the machine shop for work. Bob constantly kept in contact with me with updates, and always responded to my PM's quickly. He even sent me progress pics as things were progressing on the block, way after normal work hours in some cases. Above and beyond in my opinion.

Once the block was completely finished he shipped it to me (which was already included in the original price). Yes, shipped it from the shop in Illinois to my house in central California. I received it on my door step last week, and I am very impressed with the quality of the work! The block looks top notch!

On with the pictures!!

On the stand already.

Without a doubt I am extremely satisfied to this point with the whole transaction and product. Bob and everybody at their shop have done a fantastic job. The customer service and communication was excellent!

This is the second transaction I have had with RCautoworks, the first being the no-slop shift linkage here: Shift Linkage Review

Don't hesitate to do business with them!

Will update this thread once I get the engine installed and running...

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Damn that's clean! Now do work son and get her going!

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I believe that the site does explain the details on sending in a block to be done. You can't send him a trashed motor for rebuild. It has to be in good condition. Otherwise it will be rejected. I'm sure he does this to protect himself from legal issues as well as insure top quality builds. But you can't deny that the workmanship is incredible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Known Bob and Brandon at RCAutoworks for many years now; actually just got off the phone with him to inquire about the rods/pistons they've been selling. Good shop to do business with!

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
wow, talk about bad timing.

my EF is for sale and i gladly would have sold my built D15b block for way less.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I believe that the site does explain the details on sending in a block to be done. You can't send him a trashed motor for rebuild. It has to be in good condition. Otherwise it will be rejected. I'm sure he does this to protect himself from legal issues as well as insure top quality builds. But you can't deny that the workmanship is incredible.
Correct, the main reason we do it is we need a good solid core to start with. We do it so we don't have any issues in the long run, bent crank, out of round journal ect.... Its just better to start with a fresh block that has never seen any damage.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
And thanks for all the feedback guys, we make the process simple, yes it cost some money but if you do the math and calculate parts and labor, the price isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
And thanks for all the feedback guys, we make the process simple, yes it cost some money but if you do the math and calculate parts and labor, the price isn't bad at all.
Thats not bad for someone who just dont know what they are doing. You also forgot to added, since your a site sponsor, in a way they are also helping DSO:rockon:

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
I'm almost sure bob is a vampire or some sort of undead. as far as the late night replies, i dont think he ever sleeps

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
block looks awesome! and your from visa! i live right by you lol ya bob and his team do awesome work always hear great things about them.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The aspirations for World domination are supposed to be planned and executed at night. Daylight is for pussies :greddy:
hahaha, so then is my daughter getting up in the middle of the night for food... or planning ?

All these replies and thanks and feedback just reminds me why I love this place and all you guys, and why we keep doing what we do here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts