Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a nice greddy evo2 used muffler for 100 bucks

slapped it on a 1994 civic ex

Daily driving - Its VERY quiet, windows up u can barely hear it, i hear my intake more than exhaust! On the freeway cruising its VERY quiet, can barely hear it all

Racing - the tone is very unique and distinct, although it still goes BWAHHHH most hondas+VTEC make that noise anyway, and its more of a roar than a lawnmower

hear it for yourself

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODQ2MzUxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but a brand new greddy evo2 catback for a civic is around 400! 120 was for the muffler axleback, resonator section, all i had to do was pay a muffler shop 60 to get the rest custom made...so a full nice soundin catback for 180..cant beat that price!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nice Vid, now thats a review..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Im sorry but the sound of that exhaust is not to my liking. It sounds fairly high pitched like some of those cheap ebay exhaust. And it doesnt seem quiet at all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
high pitched...sorry man but ANYTHING under 2.2L will sound high pitched and BWAHHHHHH...thats just VTEC man ive seen fixed up 70' beetles at the tracks and they go BWAHHH just like any honda would

no its not stock piping...its hi flo cat - 2.5" mandrel - apexi resonator

·
Registered
146 Posts
vg7z said:
high pitched...sorry man but ANYTHING under 2.2L will sound high pitched and BWAHHHHHH...thats just VTEC man ive seen fixed up 70' beetles at the tracks and they go BWAHHH just like any honda would

no its not stock piping...its hi flo cat - 2.5" mandrel - apexi resonator

Well compared to my magnaflow cat-back it is high pitched...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I don't think my EVO2 is one bit quiet, but I love the sound.
Now, when my D16 comes in place the sound will get even better, I'm sure.
The quality of my EVO2 cat-back system is tremendous. Fitment was like oem.
All thumbs up.

·
Registered
956 Posts
evo2 being quiet? odd, I use to have a evo1 and damn, that one was loud and deep ass hell. when i rev in my garage, it'll vibrate the whole house. it was a b7 engine with stock headers, obx cat-back. I guess I'll have to watch the vid myself...hehe, too lazy to load it...I bought my evo1 for $80 bucks..not bad of a deal.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I just watched the vids. it sounds kinda high to me, my evo1 was really deep. well, if you like it, its you. as long as its not raspy all the way..hehe, I probably put my maxspeed back on, it sounds soo nice and deep like a tanabe. (i have a r1 on now)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well it sounds like a honda!! not bad, I have the SP2 exhaust, I'm loving it..has a nice grumble to it....I can't wait to hear it with the header on it. I'd say the EVO2 is less deep sounding than the SP2, but there still are several factors that play into it. Over all, I like it, doesn't sound like crap, good job!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts