Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is reverse going out a common problem on honda transmissions? Just wondering as most of them I've seen have a tendency to be a little tempermental going into reverse occasionally. My reverse went out, a couple weeks ago and I was curious if it was unusual or not....<shrug>

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope 5 speed. Just out of the blue it won't go into reverse.....like there is something blocking it. An interlock problem maybe?

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I tried that already. That's the normal tempermental nature of the tranny....but this is different. Shifter won't even go into position, not with reving it up and releasing the clutch not with pulling till you see red, not yelling at it.....you get the idea. Note, I found this out while sitting in a flat parking lot space that I had to back out of, while performing my job as a courier....joy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
try light pressure on the shifter and then slowly let the clutch out. if that doesn't work, you've probably bent the reverse shifter fork in the tranny.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
this happens quite often in hondas. put the car in first, roll forward an inch or 2, then put it in reverse. this is normal. it happens in cars with either cable shifters or shift rods.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, well I've tried both of those tricks....neither works. Oh well, just means I swap the other one in, while I rebuild the EX. Now, just to get the time to do it, when I'm not tired from a long day of work or doing things on the weekends.....damnit. I have to go see the in-laws this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts