Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had issues going into reverse on the D17 civic? I always have hard times to shift into reverse even if I'm in park and the clutch is in all the way. The clutch was replaced about a year ago. I have trouble going into first an second i think as well. But i know those could be synchro problem but what could cause it to hard to shift into reverse..?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,537 Posts
Well if you can find Park, then you'll never find any synchros in the transmission to blame.

Bleed the clutch first, then see what was done when the clutch was replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you can find Park, then you'll never find any synchros in the transmission to blame.

Bleed the clutch first, then see what was done when the clutch was replaced.
How could you mentioned park in this case and I'm not driving a automatic transmission. I bled the clutch about twice before to but it was months ago.

A quick question. Do you know by chance whats the weight of the subframe on ny D17? I cant find anything of that on google.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
trouble going into reverse....
Try "clearing" second gear, then trying reverse. That worked on my DX/LX trans when I still had it in my 2001

the low mileage EX trans I swapped in has zero troubles.

Might just be a tired trans.

What fluid do you have in it right now? I used one bottle honda MTF with one bottle of Synchromesh. Usually prefer all synchromesh, but the Honda MTF, as thin as it is, is great for very cold weather driving. Its just a crappy fluid for harsh drivers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used (Royal purple fluid) . i had honda fluid and it didn't make any changes with smooth shifting. I have some amsoil to use because i heard that are great so i will try it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,537 Posts
How could you mentioned park in this case and I'm not driving a automatic transmission. I bled the clutch about twice before to but it was months ago.

A quick question. Do you know by chance whats the weight of the subframe on ny D17? I cant find anything of that on google.
You never mentioned if it was an automatic or manual, but you FIRST mentioned PARK before the clutch, so we are left to GUESS wth you are talking about.

I always have hard times to shift into reverse even if I'm in park

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,705 Posts
You never mentioned if it was an automatic or manual, but you FIRST mentioned PARK before the clutch, so we are left to GUESS wth you are talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts