Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never rev my car past about 6000 rpm. the limiter is set at 7000rpm. today I was driving home and I decided I would rev it to the limiter. I was expecting it to start bouncing off of it like I have seen time and time again in videos. I was in first gear and as soon as I hit 7000rpm it was like I hit a brick wall, kinda felt like I down shifted a gear or 2 and dropped the clutch. what would cause that?

also I was expecting something to be really broken. Thats how bad it felt, but it was the total opposite. it might just be in my head but it seems the engine idles alot better and it seems like it revs faster to, also feels like it is peppier and has more power.

setup: d16z6 stock
log mani
450cc injectors
57 trim turbo with a external wastegate with 6psi spring
2.5 inch exhaust
street tuned my me with crome

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
if it feels like u hit a brick wall..then thats ur rev limiter lol

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
yeah.....thats your rev limiter

what have you seen in videos to make you think different?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was expecting ti to bounce off the limiter like in the video. but it was like I shifted from 6000rpm in 3rd to 2nd. but I was in first gear. the whole vehicle tried to slow down really fast. as if the limiter also engaged the brakes.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go to File-Settings-Options in Crome and make sure the 'Rev Limit Resume' is set to like 250-500 rpm. I think the default value is 500 for the P30 map.

If it's set to like 2000, then rpm is going to drop 2000 rpm from where the limiter is set, before it lets the engine go back up to the limiter. This would explain why the car wants to slow down after it hits the limiter (engine braking)...though I'm just speculating at the cause...it could be something completely different...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts