Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im Noob to this forum, well a Noob to being registered on it.

Ive got a problem with my EG5 D16z6, its got a tempermental rev range, rev limiter comes in jst before 7k....then sometimes it revs round to 7200k as it should.

the only work internaly to the engine is skimmed, ported n polished.

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this, im scratching my head on this one. :confused:

Your help will be appreciated!

Benn

·
Registered
civic
124 Posts
im having the same problem with my d15b....ive tried both a p29 and p.08 and both i get a rev limiter at 6500-6800 (varies)

i was gonna throw my friends p30 in there and take it to 7200 but i dont wanna hurt my motor if my tachs off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great so glad somebody esle is having this problem, well dont mean i happy u do.. i just thought i was the only person and its all in my head lol.

Im gonna pop round to a m8s house tonight and try his P28.

Anyone know what esle would cos this problem??

Benn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea ive been getting check engine light. code 43 (fuel supply system).. ive replaced the 02 sensor and car runs better than it did, feels free now doesnt feel like its bogging, however the light still comes on and its still saying code 43 after a reset, so next thing to do is change fuel filter.

would a dirty fuel filter cos the car not to rev to its max?.

I always let the car warm up, a good 10-15mins driving before i get heavy with the right foot.

Benn

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
If the ecu has an active trouble code it might throw in the early revlimit. I kno on my car that i wont go up to 7200 until the car is fully warm, and even then if i have the climate contrrol blower motor on or the heater on it will revlimit early. Try lettin it fully warm up and dont use the climate control, turn it to "off" and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
mine varies by a couple hundred rpm too, and i have hondata p28 tuned by Church. I think its a honda thing. The car definety pulls much stronger on some days over others as well, and has done it with any ecu/setup i have run. Kinda weird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well .. ive owned the car for 3 years and never had this problem till 3 odd weeks ago, heaters on or off, and always.. always let car fully warm up.

Im gonna change fuel filter, regulator, pump etc one by one and see if can eliminate the problem. It just seems weird that effects the rev limiter. big puzzling issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.