Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im starting my z6 build and im just wondering what exactly limits the rpms mechanically and what needs to be done to create a high revving engine with power all the way up?

so far this is what is going to be done:
z6 block, crank
srp pistons std bore
eagle hbeams
z6 head w/ possibly a crower turbo cam (havent decided yet)
possibly port and polish
arp studs
block guard
t3 .42.48 turbo

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you want a higher revving engine then you will need an upgraded valve train. Also, in order to make it worth your time you will need a cam+tune capable of making power at that RPM.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a higher revving engine then you will need an upgraded valve train. Also, in order to make it worth your time you will need a cam+tune capable of making power at that RPM.
valve train as in upgraded springs? or springs, valves, cam, rocker arms, (the whole shebang)

·
Registered
510 Posts
What does an upgraded valvetrain consist of...? Springs, retainers. And I already spoke about the cam.

Maybe you should check out a book from the library. I've read a few and they are very helpful to give you the basic knowledge you're going to need.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does an upgraded valvetrain consist of...? Springs, retainers. And I already spoke about the cam.

Maybe you should check out a book from the library. I've read a few and they are very helpful to give you the basic knowledge you're going to need.
right but i was asking if there was any specific part of the valvetrain that was required to upgrade for higher rpms... and why the fuck would i go to the library and check out a book when i have the internet and d-series?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Upgrade the springs, retainers. If you have a cam setup designed to make power up high, you should not have any issues.
Don

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upgrade the springs, retainers. If you have a cam setup designed to make power up high, you should not have any issues.
Don
cool, thanks bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.