Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ?. i used to have a firend who owned a 89 crx si with a swapped b16 turbo. i dont remember what part it was he had but when he lined up to race he would rev up the engine and then press a button and it would make the engine sound like it was redlining but it was jus actually holding it at the rpm my friend told the thing to hold it at... what would that be??? anyone kno..?? a rev holder launcher?!?!?!? idk anyone kno??!?!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Sounds like your talking about a 2 step rev limiter.Msd makes one,and almost all after market engine managment systems can do it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
so is that even nessacery?!?! like improve alot or even help?
It can help with launching.One less thing to worry about at the line and your launches will be more consistent.Consistency means ALOT to bracket racers.Also when combined with anti-lag you will build boost pressure off the line.

edit..

And no it wouldnt help on a stock car and wouldnt be worth the $$ you would pay for the system

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
if your friend has one of these im gonna shit. i have been looking everywhere for one. whats up with the red dot?
because he posts before really searching for the answer (my guess. he got flamed on in his first post for it.)
i love this thread. whats the point, the car you own is stock?
:bigrofl:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
anyone run one of those ebay 2 steps if they work thats pretty cool you can get some wicked launches with a 2 step
No point.Like i said before 99% of the users here are using a real ems that will do it for free and, if your not you should be worried about buying a real ems instead of that if your boosted.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
too fun! =)

because he posts before really searching for the answer (my guess. he got flamed on in his first post for it.)

:bigrofl:
:noway: so your saying he doesnt have teh rev holder launcher im lookin for..

i wanted to get a cat pic with caption.

'i can has rev holder launcher?'. like this

·
11,969 Posts
making it now!

·
11,969 Posts
here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts