Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it mandatory to buy new main studs when rebuilding a motor? or should i just buck up and get a set of new ones?

i wish ARP made stud kits for d series motors :neutral:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
ive bin using my oem head studs for 2 yrs now, head has bin pulled and reinstalled about 15 times now hehe not advisable, but could give an idea that maybe using the head studs about 2-3 times wud be safe

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4 cylinders are low on the list to get done.
when i talked to them today he said the block was completely done, and all that needed to be done on the head is install the guides. should be done by the end of the week *crossing fingers*

im going to bug the shit out of them for the next 2 days and try to get it, lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you know what they exactly did on your head and block? I am rebuilding my engine also and I am just a noob and really don’t know if the machine shop has done everything they should do or not. For example they didn’t hone the cylinder and they said it doesn’t need. The water jacket is also rusted but they didn’t clean it. I just want to know what they normally HAVE to do and what is for special circumstances.

Thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you know what they exactly did on your head and block? I am rebuilding my engine also and I am just a noob and really don’t know if the machine shop has done everything they should do or not. For example they didn’t hone the cylinder and they said it doesn’t need. The water jacket is also rusted but they didn’t clean it. I just want to know what they normally HAVE to do and what is for special circumstances.

Thanks
block: bore/hone to correct piston manufacturer tolerances. check deck for straightness, and resurface if necessary. clean block

head: check for straightness, mill if necessary. remove/install valve guides. valve job. clean head

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
block: bore/hone to correct piston manufacturer tolerances. check deck for straightness, and resurface if necessary. clean block

head: check for straightness, mill if necessary. remove/install valve guides. valve job. clean head
nice:TU:...you better post up the pics:). i wish i took pics of my build. damn exactly a year ago i was going through what you are. damn that was fun and i miss it:(. good luck

·
Registered
210 Posts

Would you share some photos after you got it back? Just want to see how it should look!

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts