Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any luck using the rebuild kits that are being sold on ebay? my turbo has a little to much play for my liking. i cant see there being any major issues with the parts included because its a journal bearing turbo. i would get it re balanced after i rebuild it. any first hand experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Yea get it rebalanced after a rebuild.
I never use a kit myself but i have heard of people using them and having there turbos back up and running again.
Also note if its to much play then there is nothing that can be done. Kinda linke a piston and a cylinder if the cylinder gets egg shape a new piston and rings wont do crap to fix it.
Same goes for a turbo.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Like you said if you do it be sure to get it balanced afterward. Let us know how it works out for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had already measured the shaft size and it was bang on that I looked up what it should be. So I think it should be good with just a rebuild I tried to measure the housing it was a little awkward but it was the size it should be too. I hues I will just have to order one and find out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts