Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off. my headlights are going to get me killed. I bought some cheapo housings off of ebay :rofc: and bought some 9003 headlights. The projector reflector thing is pointing my beams almost directly at the ground. The only way i can see is to use my brights and that's still not competent.

I'm thinking if i spend my time splitting the casing of the housing i might as well do a HID conversion. Then i got to thinking about it and found a few sites for HID housings and bulbs in the 250 range. I have no problem doing fab work, just wondering if the aftermarket housings will be worth spending that money or should i just go ahead and do a retrofit HID kit.

What are the pros and cons of both?

I've read on a few sites not to use the carid housings and ebay housings as the HID's tend to blind oncoming traffic? Is there a better option out there that i can buy aftermarket housings?

I'm considering both options cause the housings and the retrofit kit are roughly in the same price range. thanks!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bestow upon you the gift of light

The Retrofit Source Inc

Side not, have you tried aiming the things?

i'm a fucking idiot. I have not, and it didn't even cross my mind that they have adjustments. (i'm still trying to get used to working 70 hours a week) My mind was a bit foggy this morning.

I'll adjust htem this evening.

I do know for a fact that i want HID lighting in the near future, but haven't decided what type of bulb to use.

I'm used to buying cheap replacements cause in the rockcrawlin world you tend to smash shit up a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What i would like to have is the blue "angel eyes" on at all times and projectors that work with them in a dual beam. I like the look. I'm not even sure of my terminology is correct here TBH.

what i'm finding on the retrofit site is these Morimoto XB LED Angel Eyes - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc

but they only come in white and amber. Do you guys have any other recommendations to get the blue running lights? Or is this a retarded idea??

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Blue is retarded, why get pulled over for something that is going to be built into your headlamp. The white looks good to me and LED white is alot more pure white than the typical incandescent bulb you see.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
HID projector retrofit! Lighting is so much better than stock. The mini morimoto make the job very easy. The hardest part will be mounting the angel eyes. The ones from the retrofit source are super bright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts