Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my new motor running for about 1000 miles now. I have arp head studs installed, but i havent retorqued them yet. They are torqued at 65 ft/lbs.

My question, will it cause damage if i didnt retorque them after the first heat cycle?

Also, im not boosted yet, jut running NA for the break in. I havent really went to redline too many times, just a few, so can anyone tell me if im going to have any head warpage or anything if i havent retorques the studs.....

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I retorqued mine at about 750 miles after I installed them. They were all still torqued correctly but it is still wise to retorque them.
yeah, im going to retorque them, i was just going to wait until i installed the turbo, which is pretty much done, so its about that time to retorque them.

i saw somewhere else on another forum about people saying your head will be warped if you dont retorque after the first heat cycle, so i thought i would ask.

thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
i thought it was ten heat cycles?
I think it is.

It's easy enough to retorque them and should only take 5-10 minutes of your time.

Like mrnicolas, mine were still torqued correctly, at 60 ft-lbs, after 10 heat cycles. Since you're at 65, I highly doubt you will have any problems even if you don't retorque them at all.

EDIT: You mentioned some people on another forum saying that your head will become warped if you don't retorque them... If that's happened to them, I have a hunch they didn't even install them correctly. They probably just went right to left instead of following the torque sequence, or something equally as retarded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts