Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like it's very simple however I just want to make sure i'm not going to destroy anything. I need to run an elbow on the feed for the turbo so that it clears the manifold. Can I run the restrictor before the elbow and be okay?

So it the flow would hit the restrictor first, then the elbow, then into the turbo housing. Sound good? Or drop back and punt?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
if u use a larger restrictor it should be fine.

think about it like a water hose outside your house...

the way its normally done is a restrictor at the end of the hose. this is like a nozzle on the end of the hose. it still sprays a lot of water.

the way you want to do it, is basically like a garden hose, with the tap being the restrictor. turn it down, and ur gonna get shit piddle piss flow. not ideal my friend.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so whats the point to run a restrictor on the turbo or not ?
Depends on the turbo. GT series require a smaller flow of oil through the case. If you don't use one you'll blow out the seals leading to a myriad of issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Depends on the turbo. GT series require a smaller flow of oil through the case. If you don't use one you'll blow out the seals leading to a myriad of issues.
this is very true, and the rebuilds are quite expensive for the cartridge...
also is it water cooled as well?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is very true, and the rebuilds are quite expensive for the cartridge...
also is it water cooled as well?
Tis

·
Registered
753 Posts
Make your own restrictor.. I used a -4AN to 1/8NPT elbow and tapped the inside of the 1/8NPT side with a 1/4-20 tap. Used red loctite on a bolt and torqued 'er down. Then I cut the head off the bolt and drilled a 1/16" hole though the bolt (used a 1/8 or 3/16 drill bit inserted backwards into the 4AN side to know when i hit bottom).

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
Make your own restrictor.. I used a -4AN to 1/8NPT elbow and tapped the inside of the 1/8NPT side with a 1/4-20 tap. Used red loctite on a bolt and torqued 'er down. Then I cut the head off the bolt and drilled a 1/16" hole though the bolt (used a 1/8 or 3/16 drill bit inserted backwards into the 4AN side to know when i hit bottom).
good idea, but to make it WAYYY easier, dont make your plug out of steel, make it out of brass.

even 5 yearold girls can drill brass. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts