Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Evo 8
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a dc header for dirt cheap from a friend and it's not in too good of shape. wondering how i can clean it up. i was thinking about sanding it down, but then itd just rust over again

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
BMW
165 Posts
not an expert but if their not to far gone, media blast them and then a good quality high temp paint.
why would you spend the money to get it media blasted when you can just sand it down? it is just surface rust 5min of sanding it will be good

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
2000* VHT paint and some surface prep FTW

And or ceramic coated.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
my set has stripped bolts im gonna change it to use nuts and bolts. even has one botl broken off. i have a vice grip holding one side down !!!!

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Why not do the collector mod while your at it?

DC header is very restrictive which makes doing the collector mod that much more worth it.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Damn, i've had my Rex since 08 and never heard of this mod. 2 inch collector is rather small. I think my exhaust past the header is larger. My car was swapped back to D16 before it was sd to me. Previous owner has a B16 turbo so it looks like the exihaust is 2.25 or 2.5 . I wish I nknew of this sooner, now I'm only putting money towarda turbo build

1 - 20 of 31 Posts