Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut my vt muffler off my car tonight which was in the factory location and the car is louder than I expected. I have a vibrant ultra quiet in my tunnel and I'm wondering if I were to move that to the back if it would quiet the exhaust down some or should I buy a new muffler?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiets and a Vibrant 4" 200 cells kat. My car is really quiet while I'm cruising.
I dont have a cat but I was thinking about buying another ultra quiet and putting it in the stock muffler location.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
An OEM ITR muffler/axle-back removed from a 370whp turbo ITR only gained 20hp (to 390). That would equate to maybe 5hp lost vs a straight-through muffler/resonator, or 7hp vs nothing. A 2.5" chambered muffler will probably only be a 2.5hp difference. This assumes you're already making 140whp or so. Personally I'll take a hit of 5% HP for an exhaust that doesn't sound like it's falling off. I can deal with most loud engines, but 99% of loud inline-4's that aren't turbocharged just don't sound right.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with no muffler on my all motor set up and it was stupid loud and annoying. I ran that turbo muffler on a all motor and it sounded like poop think it will sound better on a turbo car? My exhaust is 3" already by the way.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I stay away from straight through mufflers. I usually go with thrush turbo mufflers. last thing I need is the cops hearing me from a mile away when im flooring it, or people wanting to race at every light. I use to run the dynomax super turbo when I had my contour and it was a bit loud even with a cat.

thrush turbo doesn't come larger than 2.5" but it you wanted to go with 3" theres a knock off jegs turbo muffler...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts