Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a noob question about resistor boxes.

Does it matter what size dsm injectors you are running when you make the resistor box, or does the resistor box work for all sized injectors. All of the resistor boxes on ebay say for 450cc injectors, but i didnt think the size of injectors matter because the purpose of the box was to change from a low impedance to high impedance.

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as i know the 390 (autos) and 450's manual work with the resistor box, their is no difference between the resistor box

i have DSM Lucas 550's that i need to put install

·
Registered
629 Posts
all the resister box is doing is making it so you can run peak and hold injectors instead of saturated. More or less it allows you to run an injector with a different impedance than stock.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
all the resister box is doing is making it so you can run peak and hold injectors instead of saturated. More or less it allows you to run an injector with a different impedance than stock.
Exactly...as long as they are peak and hold the resistor box will work for any of them...

·
Registered
29 Posts
here is a question. have any made a plug and play resistor box.. i feel uncomfortable about splicing that many wires.

J

·
Registered
213 Posts
here is a question. have any made a plug and play resistor box.. i feel uncomfortable about splicing that many wires.

J

on a few write ups on how to do a resistor box it mentions Locating the connector near the left (driver side) strut tower and remove the plug. Remove the wire loom and tape to gain acess to the black/yellow wiring.i dont have one of these connectors so my guess is that this is for 5th gen
is the same connector located under the inlet manifold on a 96- and can this connector be used in some way as a kind of plug and play

Locate the connector near the left (driver side) strut tower and remove the plug. Remove the wire loom and tape to gain acess to the black/yellow wiring.

·
Registered
213 Posts
yep thats the write up but as i said i dont have that connection in that place but i have a simular one under my inlet manifold

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you do any soldering be careful you used the correct type of solder for the job. I have heard of engine problems due to this.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you do any soldering be careful you used the correct type of solder for the job. I have heard of engine problems due to this.
yeah, be careful. injector failure is a bitch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
will crimping work? or is it a must to solder? i have no soldering skill whatsoever. what time of solder do we need? maybe ill have a friend help me with this one.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but if you run a resistor box do you have to run the resistors for the injectors? I have a resistor box in my car and I am going to install some DSM 450s and I just need to know if I am right.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Somebody answer that for me?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
94z6ex-
You would use non-acid core solder, meaning just about anything that doesn't have an acid flux built into it.

Got_Vtec?-
If you don't have a resistor box, you need to add resistors to run the DSM injectors. If you HAVE a resitor box, you don't need anything other than the injectors.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Awesome, thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts