Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,163 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
why would u unplug the resistor box.....
:fruit: to save fuel?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I had to leave it plugged in. Some guy's on Turbod16 told me this but wasne't sure,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im fairly sure that the fmu has nothing to do with your injector resistor box, you can unplug it, but your car wont run

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:11 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eh?..
Do you mean unplug your injectors resistor box?
If you do your shit is gonna fuck up man.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If your sig accurately reflects the cars you are working on, then both of them are running "Peak and Hold" injectors, and have a factory resistor box.

Although I do not endorse FMUs, you do not need to do anything to your stock setup to run an FMU. Just install it and boost, ...within reason.

All Honda ECUs like to see a system resistance (impedance) of ~12 Ohms. In some systems the entire resistance is provided by the high impedance "Saturated" injectors, which measure around 12 Ohms. In the early OBD0 Sport injected (Si) models from 1988-1991, the faster acting "Peak and Hold" injectors provide only 2-4 Ohms, and a resistor box was added to make up the rest of the needed resistance.

In later years, Honda switched to using high impedance "Saturated" injectors in all vehicles.

The only reason to remove your resistor box, is if you decided to run high impedance injectors, in your low impedance car. You would then need to bypass the resistor box.

Hope that helped.

Craig @ Tuner Toys

Craig

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
TunerToys said:
If your sig accurately reflects the cars you are working on, then both of them are running "Peak and Hold" injectors, and have a factory resistor box.

Although I do not endorse FMUs, you do not need to do anything to your stock setup to run an FMU. Just install it and boost, ...within reason.

All Honda ECUs like to see a system resistance (impedance) of ~12 Ohms. In some systems the entire resistance is provided by the high impedance "Saturated" injectors, which measure around 12 Ohms. In the early OBD0 Sport injected (Si) models from 1988-1991, the faster acting "Peak and Hold" injectors provide only 2-4 Ohms, and a resistor box was added to make up the rest of the needed resistance.

In later years, Honda switched to using high impedance "Saturated" injectors in all vehicles.

The only reason to remove your resistor box, is if you decided to run high impedance injectors, in your low impedance car. You would then need to bypass the resistor box.

Hope that helped.

Craig @ Tuner Toys

Craig
Im learning more everyday....

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Richie_A_19 said:
Hey, Craig... will these be a direct bolt in? http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/PT440HH

Or will I still need resistor boxes??
since you have a 2000 then you wont need a resistor box but you will need to change the injector connectors on the harness to that style.

what are you gonna use to control them since they are almost double the stock flow rate?

·
Registered
258 Posts
An answer to your question...

Richie_A_19 said:
Hey, Craig... will these be a direct bolt in? http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/PT440HH

Or will I still need resistor boxes??
These are high impedance injectors, and do not require external resistance. (Nope, no resistor box.) They have OBD0/1 type connectors, so if you have an OBD2 Car, you will need to install OBD1 Clips.

Fuel Injectors At Tuner Toys

Thanks from Craig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts