Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had much to time to look this up so figured I'd post it up and see if anyone knows what the 2 extra wires are for, d16y8 goin into a 91 civic Si, obd1 running dsm 450 injectors

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The bottom plug is not for the resistor box. It's for the shock tower plug on the drivers side. The resistor box plug loos like your top pic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had much chance to fully go over it yet so it may be a dumb post but in the crx I could clearly spot the resistor box and both male and female plug ends, when I opened the 91 civic hood the square male end was not visible in there and I just saw the round plug which all colors matched up except the 2 extra wires so that's why I posted.

I've been super busy with work bouncin around jobs and haven't had much time to look it over yet but I'll be bringing the car in Saturday and I'll go from there.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
black/yellow will probably show continuity to the main relay or back of the fuse box (its a ground wire), blue is most likely the ignitor/tach signal to the dizzy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem somewhat solved lol my buddy got me info I was lookin for, hope to look at it this weekend, plan on dropping motor in and start doin some downpipe fab

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts