Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have some 320 RC high impedence injectors i'd like to try out. I've got a resistor box already factory in the car, and I don't wanna cut the wires to run them. So, i'm wondering if I can get another resistor box and cut the box-side clip off and solder the wires together and just plug it into my injector-side clip to bypass my resistor box?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
thats a good question. i also would like to know just for knowledge about this

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I had the same issues with my dsm 450.

I'm going to do a easy to remove wiring system.
i'm going to use an electrical tool, I don't know the english name for it, but in Italy we call it "connettore a vite" I'm gonna shoot a picture to it... gimme a minute.

here it is, basically you screw the wires in and out so splicing and retaping is not needed.
This pieces can be cutted for the numbers of wires you need to connect. Let's say we need to connect 6 cables, we cut togeter six pieces.
So you connect

injectors + CONNECTOR+ res box+ Connector+ stock cables.
when you undo to high impedance just screw wires to jump the place of the res box.

Time? wow 2 minutes vs 20 cutting/splicing/taping?

·
Banned
998 Posts
i get what ur saying.. and yes all the the yellow/black wires terminate already so u can jsut use the clip off another box solder them altogether as 1 big lump and plug it in u will be fine

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. My buddy suggested it and would keep me from hard-wiring out my box b/c the injectors are borrowed, lol. 320's are a bit more than i'll need but hey, they're free for as long as i need them.

Solder shouldn't melt in underhood temp conditions eh? That or I could just get one of those caps you crimp wires together in.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update, after re-measuring the resistance on the injectors, they are low-impedence, so i just popped them in, working on tuning them out. Much nicer with better injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts