Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know how to reset my cam timing, set the cam and crank to TDC .. my question is how do I know when my piston closest to the dizzy is up ...

Kyle

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Remove the Spark Plug. Use a Long thin Screw Driver and stick it in the Spark Plug Hole. Rotate your Crank and when you see the Screw Driver float to the Top before it comes down, Bam:TU:
x2. It also helps if you can keep one hand on the screwdriver while turning the motor over to feel it at its highest. At least thats what I do.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, thats what they are there for
yeah, the mark on the crank is there for a reason.. set it to the timing belt cover mark,set the cam mark up, and the side marks going to both sides of the head, and slide the timing belt on, and then tighten the tensioner bolt. and then spin the crank over and check for tension, and make sure the crank/cam gear all match up

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
okay thanks guys!! this wont take too long today then
ya do what the other guys said. if you can't find a screwdriver long enough what I do is take a plastic clothes hanger and cut it right before the bends. as a matter of fact I keep one I cut up in my tool box for just that purpose. as for timing your engine, even if it's your first time i'd be surprised if it takes you an hour.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks man .. and definitely take off the driver side wheel .. and also, do you have a trick with a broken lug nut on the wheel stud .. lol .. i turned the lug nut a little too hard when i was putting them on....

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
if you don't have an air hammer grab a cold chisel and a bfh. put the wedge of the cold chisel on the lip where it broke off and pound away. it should break off fairly easily. if not, try harder. :smile:

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
i just removed two broken lugs from mine boy was it a pain. mine were siezed on though. mine required a drill and eventually a dremel with the carbide cutting end and i got my lug seats a little but theywill still work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts