Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way other than disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds?
My car has an alarm and i just don't want it to go berzerk after i reconnect. Also i don't really want to set the time and go thru all the radio presets again ;) Any help would be appreciated.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
supposedly you can remove the fuse for your hazord light's, i hear this work's if you leave it out 10 minute's...

i dont know if it work's fo sho tho...

Reactions: ardevas09

·
Registered
210 Posts
just has to remove the fuse in fusebox for 10 seconds and it is good! i am at work now i will post the exact fuse you have to remove when i get back home and can check Honda manual.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
its the hazzard fuse

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys.
So, which fuse and where is it located?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
i think its the hazard fuse on 88-91 civic/crx and the ecu fuse on the 92-??. the fuse is located in the underhood fusebox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it labeled ecu fuse? If not, then what is it labeled? whats the amperage? I saw a hazard fuse so i tried that and still the same no change. And it's a 98 civic dx. Thanks again.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
pretty sure you can just take the ecu out for like 30seconds

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
should be an ecu fuse in the underhood fuse box, remove it for like 30secs and then replace it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
my 96lx the ecu fuse under the hood is the "backup radio" fuse. pull it for 10-30 seconds and its reset, and so are the presets in your radio.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
supposedly you can remove the fuse for your hazord light's, i hear this work's if you leave it out 10 minute's...

i dont know if it work's fo sho tho...
so this is correct then... if so i should recive some rep for being the first to mention it...haaaaa

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, i tried the hazard fuse and nothing happened, my car is a 98 though. Took out the backup fuse (7.5 amp) and that worked like a charm :TU: CEL is gone and the car runs waaaay smoother now. Radio presets were gone but my alarm didn't go haywire, so overall mission accomplished. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts