Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my windshield is completely screwed on my 91 DX. Is it hard to replace it myself? Does anyone have a guide on this?

For reference, it doesn't matter to me if the windshield leaks a lot after i replace it, i just need it to pass inspection. Thanks.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
There's a specific tool that the techs use to remove the seal and pry up the windshield. I've only helped during windshield installs, and never did the manual labor on it...LOL But that tool should be up on Ebay and shouldn't be over $20 I'd say.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There's a specific tool that the techs use to remove the seal and pry up the windshield. I've only helped during windshield installs, and never did the manual labor on it...LOL But that tool should be up on Ebay and shouldn't be over $20 I'd say.

Just use a brick to remove the old windsheild, I've never installed a windsheild. But I would leave it up to trained people, if they mess up the window installing it. There out money. you mess it up Your out money. and if you don't to it right your going to be leaking inside so much you thought you went through a car wash with the windows down.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
id rather just pay a place to do it?

locally (here in cincy) there are a few place VERY OOD PRICES! like 150-200 installed and warranty

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
It gets you there right?

A reliable beater is worth $500.......

$85 a month for 6 months = beater car payment!

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
I can't hepl you with a vendor in your area. Check the yellow pages & call around for quotes. You might be supprised what I little shopping around will get you.

btw, I agree with transzex, a fairly reliable beater is worth at least $500.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts