Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
$60 + shipping from online retailer, I can do it + labor, but need to know if your close. You should also replace the ISB and seal while tranny is split open......

$175 parts and labor, + gas or you bring it too me......

But are you sure it's a shifter fork?????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im not sure but thats what everything ive read leads me to believe. whenever i shift from 2nd to 3rd over 5k it grinds into it. im changing my tranny fluid with that new GM syncromesh so ill let you know how it turns out.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
sounds like your 2-3 syncros is at falut as well.
sounds like you are clueless :slap:

Out of 800 possible synchros in trannys I've worked on, I've only replaced three and they were all mine. They were damaged when shifter fork exploded.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
sounds like you are clueless :slap:

Out of 800 possible synchros in trannys I've worked on, I've only replaced three and they were all mine. They were damaged when shifter fork exploded.
i remember this everytime i see someone blame synchros...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
I'd try ES motor mount inserts first, but does sound like a worn fork or two.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,648 Posts
Energy Suspension Polyurethene motor mount inserts, keeps the engine from moving around.

I used to miss 3rd ALOT at the track, this cured it. The set is about $35, but I only use the rear set.......

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Energy Suspension Polyurethene motor mount inserts, keeps the engine from moving around.

I used to miss 3rd ALOT at the track, this cured it. The set is about $35, but I only use the rear set.......
this is what I did... but I havnt installed them yet.... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts