Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say that these are my pics. I have speedsociety on there because that is where I originally posted the DIY. I did not remove the link off of them because it is slightly difficult without butchering them. For any reason that a member does not want them up with that addy on them, please let me know so I can retake them or fix it.

Since Noel posted his diy on the main relay for the 96-00, I thought I would post mine up because it is in a different spot than his.

Step 1: disconnect battery

Step 2: Remove 3 screws in underdash panel to access main relay

Step 3: Main relay is just above the hood latch, it is secured with 1 10mm bolt. Unbolt main relay and disconnect the plug.

Step 4: Plug new main relay in and bolt it back on with 10mm bolt.

Step 5: Put underdash panel on

Step 6: Reconnect battery.

pic of old main relay:

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
WTF is up with all the speed society logos...you need to take other pics, those are just not acceptable here!!! Just playing!!

Thanks for getting those up on here, I'm sure it'll help!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
WTF is up with all the speed society logos...you need to take other pics, those are just not acceptable here!!! Just playing!!

Thanks for getting those up on here, I'm sure it'll help!!!

we use to be really into that site but lately I have been comming here more and more, less bs.

Bought time that you put it up though.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Noeladams said:
we use to be really into that site but lately I have been comming here more and more, less bs.
I know all about SS, I just had to give him shit for it!! ;)

There is definately a lot less :bull: on this site!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
ok Deff NOOB question here.. but im to tired to research it.. lol what exactly dose the main relay do...? masicaly control the ignition system and starter or what?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the main relay?

the main relay actually contains two individual relays. this relay is installed above the hood latch usaully. one relay is energized whenever the ignition is on which supplies the battery voltage to the ECU, power to the injectors, and power for the second relay. the second relay is energized for 2 seconds when the ignition is switched on, and when the engine is running which supplies power to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
60 Posts
all these views, and hardely any thanks! what gives! great job...ive used this thread before i knew what the "H" meant on the hood.......maybe "hood?" lol, just kiddin!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
7.5 years and pics still work...levi you rock

and know i need to get to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts