Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand it's dumb, so let's get that off our chests. I need the car for work and this was the only engine available. Am I able to put my intake, exhaust, and bell housing from the 16 onto the 15, or will I need a new transmission, etc.? Recently did the valves on the 16, and the head studs let go 500km into the rebuild (don't buy cheap.) I've found little in ways of data on this swap because nobody with common sense seems to have done it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
the trans will bolt up as is. same with the intake and exhaust. youll probably be ok with the a6 ecu,

Reactions: robgoof

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
thatll be $39.99

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is it worse?
I feel like if I had the option to put either in a car, it would be the D16. Longer stroke, and even if minimal, has higher hp and torque. Can't complain with having an engine that actually runs so at this point anything is good

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,516 Posts
6 hp more stock, wow! But if you put a properly timed D16 cam in the D15B7 with D16 intake the difference is even less.

D15Beast7 15.08 in the 1/4 mile
D16Z6, VTEC! 15.02 in the 1/4 mile, must have been the extra torqs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6 hp more stock, wow! But if you put a properly timed D16 cam in the D15B7 with D16 intake the difference is even less.

D15Beast7 15.08 in the 1/4 mile
D16Z6, VTEC! 15.02 in the 1/4 mile, must have been the extra torqs
I thought it was more and made a mistake? You sound like you're a ton of fun at parties

1 - 10 of 10 Posts