Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
motors spin in opposite directions. not gonna happen unless you have a crazy amount of $$$$

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok heres one more question not new to hondas really i just never did any swappin heads or anything mainly stayed with b16 or b18 well just bought 96 civic ex bottom of motor has rod out it head is fine i think it is a d16y7 vetch and i have a spare d15 came out of 91 hatch non vetch my question is will the mini me swap be worth it or just go out and get another engine my uncles owns a honda junk yard 80 acres full of hondas and acuras he rebuilds them and sells them he only rebuilds 03 and up now but anything from 89 to know i can find s2000 ,tl,civic,accord,teg,crx,u name it even ridgeline but what i was wondering is what can i do to make the internals as far as rods ,piston ect strong enough for boost i know get some p29 pistons but since i have all of these resources to different hondas anyone have any ideas sry for all the wuestions u all seem to have your game up to par

i just wanna get the best setup as far as internal with out having to buy alot of aftermaket stuff

ps if you all need any used parts for your Ds let me know

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont like the whole 2 seater on the s2000 my kids will be in it once in a while i can get ne thing for a honda i just need some ideas thats all im asking for sry if ya think its dumb

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
ok heres one more question not new to hondas really i just never did any swappin heads or anything mainly stayed with b16 or b18 well just bought 96 civic ex bottom of motor has rod out it head is fine i think it is a d16y7 vetch and i have a spare d15 came out of 91 hatch non vetch my question is will the mini me swap be worth it or just go out and get another engine my uncles owns a honda junk yard 80 acres full of hondas and acuras he rebuilds them and sells them he only rebuilds 03 and up now but anything from 89 to know i can find s2000 ,tl,civic,accord,teg,crx,u name it even ridgeline but what i was wondering is what can i do to make the internals as far as rods ,piston ect strong enough for boost i know get some p29 pistons but since i have all of these resources to different hondas anyone have any ideas sry for all the wuestions u all seem to have your game up to par

i just wanna get the best setup as far as internal with out having to buy alot of aftermaket stuff

ps if you all need any used parts for your Ds let me know

d16y7 or y8 block with p29 pistons

y8 head y8 transmission

p28 ecu chipped so ou can tune

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
your startin to ask questions that can be answered by a search

200 hp is about the reliable limit for stock rods

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
o alright well sry about that just rather have input on a specific question pertaining to my car not someone elses who has different bolt ons and different specs but thanks for the input

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok 200 is limit for the rods is there any other rods that can be fitinto d16 as far as k20 or h22 rods i just have so many engines to pick and choose what i want i dont wanna buy what i can get and stay honda oem get my drift

but like i said u all need anything for a honda let me know just tryin to pass along some parts for a good price who needs to pay 1000 for a b18 when i can get for 700 with all linkage and wires ,computer just lettin you all know

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
the questions your asking are ridiculous. its obvious you know nothing about hondas... seriously search around a little and ask a question that cant be answered after .5 sec's of searching.

and dont attempt to buy or sell anything here till you get 65 posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why 65 post i can do that tonight why would that be any different u want me to go out and take pics of my junk yard or what come on dude i was asking for advice and yes i do know about hondas bro give me a break never have worked on a sohc ok whats the big deal about givin me some ideas on what to do everyone around a 300 mile radius that has swapped engines came from this junk yard u can ask ne one around her hell you can call a dealer and they will tell u to call over here so why 65 post agian is that a rule cause i can get 65 in 3 hrs dude not tryin to be a dic* but come on no need to be a prude just asking for some ideas if it was a b16 ok i know what to do as far as sohc i have no idea

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.