Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 crx
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys again,

I would like to replace my standard injectors for my DOHC ZC. (i believe they are leaking i smell fuel from around there and) The car is stock so no massive/larger ones are required.

Anyone othere you guys/sites/ebay can recommend? I seem to find greater aftermarket support for all D series in themarket except for the DOHC ZC.

Doing a clean up of my engine atm. adding Headers, timing kit , AC removal (maybe). Wanna remain it as reliable cruiser.

Many thanks guys

·
Registered
424 Posts
If the car runs good, the injectors are fine. There is a rubber "O Ring" seal at the top and bottom of the injector. These crack and leak. I would just order a set of them and it should take care of the problem. Don't buy them from Honda, TOOOO expensive! The ones for the D16a6 Si motor should fit.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If its just the seals they are easy to replace.
If you want the injectors like new again, a couple places rebuild and balance injector sets. Usually costs $15-20 an injector last I checked. So with shipping you should be under $100.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If they are leaking at the joint between the plastic and metal (the case half of the injector) they can only be repaired by replacing them.

I would recommend the junk yard and servicing the set you pick up, if possible.

Any 240cc injector SHOULD work as long as you pay attention to the resistance of the injector and get the same ones as you have in your car.

·
Registered
88 crx
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...soo much help here its amazing!! will keep ya'll posted. But im keen on brand new ones.

·
Registered
88 crx
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

Ive been ringing around and have been quoted for reconditioning my old injectors removed and fitted, tested (SPray Test)...$450 which is abit crazy. The guy wasnt as helpful/interested when i mentioned a CRX as he was only interested in V8s being his preferred clients. (im in AUS)

However, I found these on EBAY. Thoughts guys?

1988 91 JDM Honda CRX Civic SI D16A6 D16A1 B16A DOHC ZC Fuel Injectors Upgrade | eBay

I need your expertise on these. What does it mean by 'resistor box' delete. How will this effect my performance on my DOHC ZC (being ObD0)? sorry if it may seem a dumb question.

its half the price for new ones lol.. BTW a workshop will fit these for me unless they are pretty easy which i can do?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
With you being OBD0 you have a resistor box. The EBAY seller is selling OBD1+ style injectors and provides a harness to delete the resistor box. They should work fine if you use the harness in the kit.

EDIT: They EBAY ones are for 280cc and I would not suggest getting them unless you are tuning your engine to run them.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
You likely only need to have the injectors you have serviced...or at the very least, replace the orings and seals. Injectors really aren't wear items. They last for a long time, but that doesn't mean they can't get clogged or contaminated.

I can put a new oring/seal kit together for you for $14 shipped (for all 4 injectors). Or, if you want to have them serviced, check here:

Fuel Injector Services | Services | DeatschWerks

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Well, obviously, that's going to be for the 48...but USPS postage to Aussieland isn't terrible. Could probably do it for $20-25 shipped.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Your options really depend on something else - if you'll be able to tune the ECU or not. If not, those reman'd 280cc injectors will be out of the question. They'd work, but not well. Different size combined with different latencies = bad time with an unmodded ecu.

My experience with OBD0 injectors has not been great. The last set I cleaned for a customer (he had to run them for spec racing) had a nearly 10% difference at lower duty cycles, improved from >20% before cleaning. The technology back then wasn't that great, and age doesn't help them any.

If you do choose ecu tuning with new injectors, let me know. I offer NEW Bosch injectors that fit a DOHC ZC perfect, besides having to bypass the resistor box. Several have been shipped to your neck of the woods already.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
10% on a 280cc/min injectors isn't great, but isn't terrible. In then end you are talking about 28cc delta.

Now, 10% on a 1000cc+ injector, now you are talking about 100cc/min spread.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
I guess not, I just tested a set of RC750's and their variance was 7% at the same duty cycle. Probably well over 10% at the same effective fuel flow (4x larger injector).

10% means the weakest injector is ~0.7 points richer than average & the weakest is ~0.7 points leaner. While cruising you'll have one cyl at 14:1 and another at 15.5:1.

·
Registered
88 crx
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys .. I'll prolly opt for the seal out locally as I wasn't planning on tuning to run the 280 ( something I didn't and now know ).. Keep ya'll posted ..

FYI--Sydney is great but not good for pre 1991 Hondas , I own a BA4 and an ED ,we have a low low volume of fans of old Skool here.. If one was to opt for a Honda it'll be an EK, DC or accord euro s2k .. Lol sorry just venting as the states seem to have all mad stuff for old Skool Hondas

·
Registered
88 crx
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next guy that asks me again at the traffic lights if I have a B series I'm gonna nicely turn my windows up.. Lol proud of the D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts