Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
i have some stock D16 vavles for a Y7. what side and how many you looking for? they need to be cleanred and machined but if you cover shiupping and my lunck ($7 at sonic) they are yours. :)

email me directly, [email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oscarmayer said:
i have some stock D16 vavles for a Y7. what side and how many you looking for? they need to be cleanred and machined but if you cover shiupping and my lunck ($7 at sonic) they are yours. :)

email me directly, [email protected]
normally thats a steal, but im not sure about running used oem valves in my fully built motor

300 whp 271 tq

A

·
0 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Acura-V-Tec-Black-Beauty-valves-D16-m9q_W0QQitemZ7997233845QQcategoryZ33617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

125 a set.

These are the Black Beauties from Pro Topline. Brand new and in their boxes, the exhaust valves are made of bimetallic silicrom one - 21-4N stainless steel - and then black nitrided. They will stand up to lots of RPM and lots of heat. The intakes are silicrom one nitrided and capable of 1600 degree temperatures.

Specs are as follows.

Exhaust valves 26mm head diameter
116mm length
<LI>5.5mm stem diameter. Intake valves

30mm head diameter
5.5mm stem diameter
<LI>118.7mm length.

You get all 16 valves with one bid! Winner pays $9 shipping within U.S. lower 48 states. $14 to Alaska and Hawaii. $19 to Canada. We ship worldwide.

O

·
0 Posts
igo4bmx said:
normally thats a steal, but im not sure about running used oem valves in my fully built motor

300 whp 271 tq
you said oem style valves not built motor :p

if your running stock valves ow then it's simple to run used valves, you take the valves put then in a drill press. get a drill with a whire brish and while the drillpress is spinning the valves you use the drill and wire brish to clean the carbon deposits off.

once done you take the head and repalcement valves to a shop and have them do a full valve job across the board. then your done. (i've done it a couple of times and it works fine.) now if your running different kinds of valves then you need to get another set of those valves and have a shop redo the valve job.
valve job has to be done because when you bend a valve, it slightly throws the seat sealing surface off and redoing it is required.

good luck man!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adam38654 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Acura-V-Tec-Black-Beauty-valves-D16-m9q_W0QQitemZ7997233845QQcategoryZ33617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

125 a set.

These are the Black Beauties from Pro Topline. Brand new and in their boxes, the exhaust valves are made of bimetallic silicrom one - 21-4N stainless steel - and then black nitrided. They will stand up to lots of RPM and lots of heat. The intakes are silicrom one nitrided and capable of 1600 degree temperatures.

Specs are as follows.

Exhaust valves 26mm head diameter
116mm length
<LI>5.5mm stem diameter. Intake valves

30mm head diameter
5.5mm stem diameter
<LI>118.7mm length.

You get all 16 valves with one bid! Winner pays $9 shipping within U.S. lower 48 states. $14 to Alaska and Hawaii. $19 to Canada. We ship worldwide.

how durable are those?
I want something that is reliable and strong... i.e. actual experience would help ;)

im thinking supertech valves which are $240..

O

·
0 Posts
they hopefully would work, but they are not supertech. so you take your chance or get something u know works. :p is't not the shape, it's what it is made out of that makes the difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oscarmayer said:
they hopefully would work, but they are not supertech. so you take your chance or get something u know works. :p is't not the shape, it's what it is made out of that makes the difference.
the shape of the valves will affect compression, and thus my tune

O

·
0 Posts
I'm refering to quality of valves not shape :) yea that will have "some" slight effect, but if the material is lower quality, no mater what shape they are they will cause you issues.
stick with Supertech they work pefectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts