Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some fat-fives integra GS-R rims and they are painted black now. i want to take the black off (im thinking with paint thinner?) and then spray paint them a bronze color. my question is what spraypaint to use for rims is the best or does it matter and also is there anything i need to do to the rim itself to make the spraypaint stick to the alloy aluminum better? (ei fine grade sandpaper or buffing?) thanks im doing this tomorrow so anything would help! :skull:

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is the old paint Chipping Off?? If not just rough it up with a scotch pad or some 400 grit sandpaper and spray the new color. If it is chipping off it would be best to remove it...I doubt paint thinner will strip it. Prob. Gonna have to use Paint Stripper or use a DA Sander or something similar. Should stick good with any kind of automobile paint. Just makre sure all the grease is gone off of it...Because if any little grease is left on it...it wont stick in that area...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Paint Them With Dupli-color Rim Paint It Is The Best My Dad And I Both Have Used It On Our Cars It Looks Good And Use Duplicolor Clear

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Ever thought about powder coating them? Guy in town here does a set in pretty much any color under the sun for $120.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts