Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good luck, the hammer socket thing? get a deep socket that fits the spring, hit with hammer when placed on valve spring retainer, hopefully keepers come out...
dude that shit worked better than i thought! the only problem i had was the exhaust side where the springs are right next to where the spark plugs go, you just wedge it in there. worked great

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Why don't you people spend $20 on a regular C-clamp style valve spring compressor from Sears? Christ. There's ingenuity to make something and there's just being downright cheap and running the risk of fucking something up and spending a lot more money to correct. Even if its a cheapo HF tool at least get the right tool for the job.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Why don't you people spend $20 on a regular C-clamp style valve spring compressor from Sears? Christ. There's ingenuity to make something and there's just being downright cheap and running the risk of fucking something up and spending a lot more money to correct. Even if its a cheapo HF tool at least get the right tool for the job.
i'm with you but i cant find the right size valve spring compressor for a d-series head if you have a part number let me know. thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
sears craftsman valve spring compressor (Sears Item# 00947627000) (Model# 47627) i think i paided 22 bucks for it. I Just bought one and it works great and comes with an adapter for bigger spring retainers to. Advance, autozone, napa, ect. tools did not work they were for bigger springs and im not spend 150 on a tool that would work.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
use an HF compressor to reinstall them, or be ghetto and use zip ties and a vice. squeeze the coil, zap strap it, line everthing up and cut the zap strap.

tap it a few times to make sure the keepers are seating well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts