Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just got a '00 civic dx coupe and the tint was bubbling pretty bad so I removed it using a clothing steamer. It worked well on the quarter windows but on the rear windshield, there is a lot of grime left. I was wondering if anyone knows of any products or methods aside from using a blade and steamer, to remove the leftover glue. Does ammonia and fine steel wool work? Thanks guys.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
simple green

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ does it really work? I paid $30 yesterday for the clothing steamer. And I paid 10 bucks earlier for some cheap ass tint off from kragen. And that shit doesn't work.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i used something like goo gone at work to remove the glue left behind on the rear window tint. if you have the rear defroster a wool pad or a razor blade will mess that up

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I was trying to be extra careful earlier with the defroster lines but that's really2x tedious and I don't have time to do that. Would simple green and a rag work? or is fine steel wool better?

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The tint on my car was horrible when I bought it, so I broke my rear window and took it to an auto glass place in town. They replaced at no charge (insurance has full glass coverage) and then I took it to get re-tinted the same day. Forget trying to scrape it all off by hand. It's a PITA. But if you really want to try, a green scrubby pad and elbow grease works wonders....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts