how hard is it??? anyone know how to do it

thanks... kinda wanna bump the compression from 10.34-10.65:1

thanks for the helplol

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just cut or drill out the rivets; put it back together without the middle layer, done.
removing the middle layer wont screw anything up sealing wise.... im down to raise the compression past 10.5 lol

thanks for the help :) rep4 u

·
Registered
873 Posts
You may also want to try removing the rivets carefully enough so you can put them back on once you've removed the middle layer.
Reinstalling the rivets will ensure that both remaining layers will stay aligned with each other & the bore once you install & torque.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i'm going to ask before a noob ask it. lol. sooooooooo, what about running a single layer. lol.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i'm going to ask before a noob ask it. lol. sooooooooo, what about running a single layer. lol.
hey watch this... i can make my piston hit my head!

.030 stock hg + .010 out of the hole = stock
.020 modded hg + .010 out of the hole = up in compression
.010 single layer hg + .010 out of hole = a big fat mess.

out of hole = how far your piston exposes itself into the combustion chamber

someone correct me if i am wrong

<edit> turns out i was wrong, BigTuna has done it.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not doing it... this stupid piece of ass motor has a slight rod knock... i pulled all the caps off today and all the bearings seem fine... its not valves... so im putting my turbo motor back together and im just gonna leave the 3 layer hg intact... damnit... i wanted a high'er compression motor soooo bad lol oh well... im pullin the boost motor outta the hatch since the hatch needs alot of shit and putting a new hg with my newly shaved head and pnp' on the z1 block into the coupe and run boost in the coupe :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have run just the one black layer with no problems, I get 2 hg swaps per headgasket.
thats economizing right there, you and a friend can do a swap. :hammer:

but really you are an expert builder so that is some of it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i wouldnt bother. plus the middle layer is designed to pressurize the cooling system or restrict or something. honda wouldnt design something and throw something esle in without a purpose. IMHO dont mess with it.

Yes, it is there to balance temperatures by restricting coolant flow in a controlled pattern.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
thats economizing right there, you and a friend can do a swap. :hammer:

but really you are an expert builder so that is some of it.
LOL Me a expert??? Not even close, I just like compression so I try and find any little way to bring my compression up.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts