Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to remove my head and i know i have to slide off my timing belt. when i do that and then take my head off and put it back on, for the timing belt does it just simply go right back on the cam gear or what, i just want to remove the belt from the cam gear correct to remove the head. just putting it back on how do i do so thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all i want to know is can i just slide the timing belt off the cam gear and then when i put the head back on just slide it over the top of the cam, or is it more complicated than that and will i need any special tool?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
all i want to know is can i just slide the timing belt off the cam gear and then when i put the head back on just slide it over the top of the cam, or is it more complicated than that and will i need any special tool?
It is more in-depth than that. There is hopefully too much tension on your belt to be able to accomplish a simple slip and silde. You have to loosen the tensioner pulley with a 14mm socket, and then you will be able to remove that T-belt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but as for putting it on i have to lossen the tension belt. and to do so i remove the front driver side wheel and splash guard?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
wow I'm seriously worried about what expertise this kid has when it comes to doing this stuff. If he doesn't know the proper techniques to properly remove the head then he shouldn't be doing it.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
gotta learn.. the right way or the hard way.. they make a tool that wedges the belt below the cam gear. you can make one if you got a saw and a scrap 2 by 4. but there like 10 bucks at the parts store. really tho if you are pulling a head you NEED a repair manual. otherwise you run the risk to warping the head beyond repair when you remove the head bolts. the paint is a really good idea and i recommend you use it all the way around marking the crank as well as the cam. im guessing you dont wanna do the timing belt because you cant get the crank pulley bolt out.. Dave of "Daves Farm" (you tube) as a great video of showing how to do a timing belt on a honda.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts