Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CV joint boot is torn. I'm pretty sure it's been torn and the CV joint is bad, so I'm going to just replace the whole axle. I've been trying to remove my axle with a pry bar and can of WD-40 and it budge. The transmission has to be in neutral right? I'm not having any luck, any suggestions would be very helpful. Everybody says PB blaster is way better than WD-40. I'm thinking of let that soak for awhile.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
remove it from what? the hub or the transmission?

from the transmission, just take the biggest flathead screwdriver you have and pry it out. From the hub, you can use a punch...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Did you make sure and unhook ball joint so you can lift up brakes and shit to take it out??

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
berettagtz117 said:
Did you make sure and unhook ball joint so you can lift up brakes and shit to take it out??
I removed the steering knuckle, caliper, etc. . I removed the boot on the transmisson side, so there's only a CV housing in the trans. now and it still won't come out. I dunno. I think the trans. might be ruined. There's quite a bit of freeplay between the trans. and the piece I left in. F&^k I hope I don't need to replace the trans.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If I remember right, I had to use a chisel as a pry bar cuz it was hardened and wouldn't bend under the force.

Mine has a little freeplay too. Don't know how much it's supposed to have, but it came apart that way.

Make sure you aren't prying it out crooked. I don't remember having that problem but it may be possible to jam it up by not prying it straight out.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it out :) . I sprayed it with WD-40 then I got it hot with my propane torch and it poped right out. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts