Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 Y7 trans. Don't have the puller shown in the Helms and none are available around here. Don't have a press. Any way to remove/install the bearings on the countershaft without these tools? I'd like to get my trans done today versus waiting until tomorrow to use the press at work.

O

·
0 Posts
I'm currently having a problem taking out the top counter shaft bearing. I dont have the special tool. How exactly do you take it out using a hammer?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would but I prefer having one asshole instead of two, which would happen if I cracked the floor.

O

·
0 Posts
I actually did what bone suggested but instead of concrete, i chose wood. I flipped the countershaft over and slammed it down onto a piece of wood a few times and it worked!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I didn't suggest using wood, that was Aquafina.

I just hammer on the end of the shaft while holding it between 3rd and 4th gears. But I have a semi-soft hammer, the countershaft is super hard steel.

I dropped one on the floor once, the floor chipped and cried, shaft was unharmed :)

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Thats exactly how i get em off. I just drop it on the ground on the end of the shaft. Its kinda amusing when the owner of the trans is watching, and you dont tell em your about to do it. lol.

Anywho. Get Er done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts