Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any links with pics out there for taking outta d16 from a 96-00 ex?
thanks
jman

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done it myself. But I have no pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a lot of labor, i did it two times...and probably one more time pretty soon when i finish my project-cheap-d15-build, and probably even one more time when my friend gets a new motor because his other motor died

but from my experience, the easiest was is to trop the tranny first, that way you'll have a lot of space to take the motor out from the top with a cherry pick

it's pretty much drop the tranny, unplug the wires, unbolt the motor mounts (and anything connecting to the chasis) and pull the motor out

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
found some pictures of mine. Take off the pieces like alternator and power steering pump (you don't need to disconnect it, just unbolt and tie it up out of the way) Then unplugged all the wiring harness chanined it up so it's tight, BEFORE unbolting the motor mounts. Then, hiked 'er on up. You will need to tip the drivers side DOWN, so the main drive pulley clears the frame and it will come up at an angle, no worries.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i never tried tilting the motor side ways, good idea

oh yea, that blank engine bay remind of a trick i wanted to play, hide under the hood, and pop out when someone opens the hood.

how many hp they ask? what about 1mp! hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts