Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any write ups for removing the AC. I dont wanna remove somthing to kill the engine or kill my heat. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....I assumed all manifolds wouldnt work, I actaulky dont have the manifodl yet its the last peice I needed but I was waiting on removing the AC. Any recomendations on a manifold? Its a garrett t3/t4 hybrid

·
Want access???
12,304 Posts
....I assumed all manifolds wouldnt work, I actaulky dont have the manifodl yet its the last peice I needed but I was waiting on removing the AC. Any recomendations on a manifold? Its a garrett t3/t4 hybrid
You can indeed get a manifold that will allow you to kelp your A/C

Checkout Autoworks

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yup ac and ps compatible from autoworks, thats the setup im planning on later thin year

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
im a pussy, i like my creature comforts, ill just crank the boost up more instead of ditching the PS and AC :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it looks like even with a header for clearense its still in my best interest to remove the AC. Ive looked all over the web and cant find anything. Anyone have any helpful links?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
if you can't use a manual to figure it out...don't even try to install a turbo...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didnt know what to do about removing AC and I just went at it, but also becareful when removing in case you want to reinstall later. Basically just remove all lines that go to your condensor, and AC compressor unit. Then you can cut or remove the belt from the Compressor depends if its still a good belt or not and if you want to save it. remove the compressor, only held by 4 bolts. then you can remove your Condensor which I believe is the name for it, the radiator looking thing. BUT NOT YOUR RADIATOR! Unplug the sensors connected to it unbolt and pull it out. I got mine out without removing the header, its a tight fit but can be done. So far I havent gotten around to taking anything out from the interior under the GloveBox, so I cant help you there.

So in all, just remove everything that is connected to the AC unit and you will be fine!

Good Luck!

PS: I removed my AC because the compressor had a bad leak and I didnt feel like fixing it, I would rather spend the money on something to help out my car suspension or performance wise. Plus Im used to the hot weather of Texas, doesnt bother me! Hope I helped!

·
Registered
15 Posts
the right way is to have it drained first at a shop with the right tools...otherwise be careful and dont inhale
Or you could inhale and sit downand hold on. Call the paremedics first incase you don't wake up.

I would say keep it girls don't like to sweat that much.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
most log style t-mani are AC compat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts