Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please, keep all hate on remote mounted turbo's out of this thread and questions regarding why I wouldn't want it in the engine bay and up my radiators ass.

If you're running a 'remote' mount turbo with the turbo back behind the engine, roughly bellow the intake manifold, what type of header design is best regarding all around performance? Would you still want a choke/expansion right before the turbo, at the collector?

Specific app is a B17 w/GSR head, 11:1 compression and a light port job, shooting for close to 300whp. Not sure on turbo yet, probably a GT28RS. But I'd like to keep the topic concerned focused on small displacement L4's in general.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Depends on what "theory" you subscribe to when it comes to what actually spools a turbo.

:lol:

FWIW keeping both heat and velocity up will help out.

As far as ideal power production, I would imagine that some of the same things that work well on an NA exhaust manifold will actually work very well for a turbo manifold setup like that.

I could be off my rocker though.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Thin wall tri y with moderate choke. 2.25 in. Flare to 2.5 and oval it for the turbo flange. 2.25 cold side pipe and 2.5 hot side. Turbine housing will probably stupor need to be .63 for that nasty top end. Gooduck

·
Registered
138 Posts
a friend of mine did it with his Knock off bisi header idk about his choke or pipe sizes but he made good number ill hit him up this weekend when hes back in town and get you a pic and his dyno chart.... his is a D though not a b:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts